Are you interested in keeping your parking lot damage-free this summer? Let’s face it: a bumpy, cracked, and downright ugly parking lot can really turn a customer or consumer off. It can make a huge difference in the money you put in your pocket, also— as opposed to shelling out funds for costly, preventable repairs.
Properly maintained parking lots last longer and cost less over time.
Also, if you invest in asphalt repairs and parking lot upkeep now, it will prevent you from having to do so in the future.
Why & How to Maintain Asphalt Pavement in Richmond
Paving & Seal Coating by Justin Alexander, LLC., in Richmond, Va. make sure maintaining your pavement doesn’t have to be hard.
Here are some tips for preserving the quality of your asphalt pavement and/or parking lot during summer months:
- Keep your driveway and/or parking lot clean and clear of debris. The summertime is the perfect time to remove any buildup which may have occurred during winter or even previous years.
- Freeze and thaw cycles can cause expanding in cracks and other comprised areas on asphalt pavement. To protect your parking lot or driveway longer, seal cracks during the summertime to prevent further eroding.
- Cracks in the pavement can also be tripping hazards. According to The Morning Call, “clean patios, walkways, driveways and sidewalks of debris,” sources at this publication said. “Winter’s freeze and thaw cycles can cause cracks that could be potential tripping hazards. Small cracks can be filled with a masonry sealer. Larger sections of damage may be fixed with epoxy, available from concrete supply retailers. When in doubt, hire a concrete contractor to repair the cracks.”
- Sun can also damage pavement, if possible, keep parking lots covered with awnings, other suitable shade, or strategically place them in areas of low moisture and minimum sun exposure.
- Potholes can cause damage to vehicles and are equally as damaging to the outward look and aesthetic appeal of your parking lot. If you notice divots or potholes forming, they should be filled with asphalt as soon as possible.
- Just like the sun, rain and other natural elements cause excess wear-and-tear to your pavement over time. How do you avoid this? Make sure your driveway or parking lot is set up, so it has very efficient water drainage, and ensure that there are no spots where water sits after snowmelt or rainfall.
- One way to avoid water sitting, as mentioned above, is to work to build your parking lot or paved surface on an even grade.
- Cars and other vehicles sitting for prolonged periods of time can also cause uneven or damaged pavement. Prevent large equipment or other vehicles from sitting idly as much as possible.
Pavement Problems? Justin’s Has A Solution…
If you experience problems with your asphalt or pavement in the Richmond, Va. area, Justin Alexander, LLC., is here to help. Call us today for pavement repairs, asphalt repairs, and other driveway or parking lot-related needs. Our company stands by our work and we also provide free estimates! Call today, at, 855-292-7325.